Friday, April 8, 2011

GOWALLA



First up is Gowalla, a "check-in" social networking app similar to Foursquare.  This app allows you to check in to any location you happen to visit from restaurants to stores to universities or even doctor's offices if you are so inclined.  You can share this information with your friends (which I believe is more fun) and of course post it on facebook (which I personally find a tad creepier).  You can earn badges for doing certain things (such as checking in to several different locations) as well as find virtual items which you can keep forever, swap with other users, or drop in various locations. 

One of the big selling points for me is just how polished and pretty the app looks (which is why I prefer it to Foursquare which I am also using).  The badges, locations, items, etc. are fun to get and having a little visual record of where you've been is very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment